Wednesday, 20 November 2013

ADF - XML-24521

ADF Compiler "Element not completed: 'task-flow-reentry'"


Warning(5,54): <Line 5, Column 54>: XML-24521: (Error) Element not completed: 'task-flow-reentry'


My Task Flow xml File.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?>
<adfc-config xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/adf/controller" version="1.2">
  <task-flow-definition id="inforClientSearch">
    <default-activity id="__1">Search</default-activity>
    <task-flow-reentry id="__18"></task-flow-reentry>
    <view id="Search">
      <page>/Search.jsff</page>
    </view>
    <control-flow-rule id="__2">
      <from-activity-id id="__3">Search</from-activity-id>
      <control-flow-case id="__5">
        <from-outcome id="__6">create</from-outcome>
        <to-activity-id id="__4">AddNewClient</to-activity-id>
      </control-flow-case>
    </control-flow-rule>
    <control-flow-rule id="__10">
      <from-activity-id id="__11">AddNewClient</from-activity-id>
      <control-flow-case id="__12">
        <from-outcome id="__14">cancel</from-outcome>
        <to-activity-id id="__13">Search</to-activity-id>
      </control-flow-case>
    </control-flow-rule>
    <use-page-fragments/>
  </task-flow-definition>
</adfc-config>

to solve it I took out the

<task-flow-reentry id="__18"></task-flow-reentry>

To make My Task Flow xml file look like:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?>
<adfc-config xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/adf/controller" version="1.2">
  <task-flow-definition id="inforClientSearch">
    <default-activity id="__1">Search</default-activity>
    <view id="Search">
      <page>/Search.jsff</page>
    </view>
    <control-flow-rule id="__2">
      <from-activity-id id="__3">Search</from-activity-id>
      <control-flow-case id="__5">
        <from-outcome id="__6">create</from-outcome>
        <to-activity-id id="__4">AddNewClient</to-activity-id>
      </control-flow-case>
    </control-flow-rule>
    <control-flow-rule id="__10">
      <from-activity-id id="__11">AddNewClient</from-activity-id>
      <control-flow-case id="__12">
        <from-outcome id="__14">cancel</from-outcome>
        <to-activity-id id="__13">Search</to-activity-id>
      </control-flow-case>
    </control-flow-rule>
    <use-page-fragments/>
  </task-flow-definition>
</adfc-config>


It was caused by an error with when I was working on the "Task Flow Reentry" Behaviour for the task Flow. When I set it back to default, for some reason it did not set it back correctly

#bearMan